Proficient Auto Careers
Who We Are
Now in business over 25 years, Proficient Auto Transport, Inc. is one of the leading finished vehicle logistics service providers in the United States. We run 150+ open, enclosed and lift trucks with 100% soft tie-down capability. Our drive to provide on-time execution, zero damage and trusted reliability has enabled us to become one of the world’s elite vehicle transportation companies which can now service all 48 states. Every day we strive to set ourselves apart by living up to the name of our Company, Proficient Auto Transport.
Join the Proficient Team
We are always looking for friendly, motivated professionals to add to our team.
Proficient hires and trains the best drivers in the industry
Being a professional auto hauler is a rewarding but very challenging career requiring a unique skill set. The driver must be a puzzle solver, mathematician, and critical thinker all while safely driving an 80,000 pound truck often loaded with over $500K in vehicles down the road. Simply put, not all truck drivers can be professional auto haulers. That honor is reserved for the most elite of truck drivers.
If you believe you are ready to join the ranks of the most elite drivers in the industry please fill out an application by clicking on the icon above that best describes you.
- Transport units to and from manufacturing plants, rail heads, ports, and other locations
- Load/unload vehicles in a safe manner
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Inspect vehicles for defects and damages prior to loading
- Deliver vehicles to customers damage free, in a safe and timely manner
- Document and log work/rest periods through E-Log system
- Input data into our electronic dispatch system for each stage of the loading/unloading process
- Comply with DOT rules and regulations and company policies and procedures
- Report all accidents and/or violations
- Must have at least 1 year of verifiable over the road experience as an auto transporter
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- Must be able to pass a road and loading test
- Acceptable MVR
- Must have or be willing to obtain a TWIC badge
Driver Benefits Include
- Sign-On Bonus up to $10,000
- Company paid medical insurance, life insurance, and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Longevity bonus
- Safety bonus
- Short-term disability plan options
- Cell phone reimbursement