EXPERIENCED COMPANY DRIVER
$55,000.00 minimum guaranteed for the first year*
Now hiring experienced car haulers in the southeast region for driver positions.
PROFICIENT AUTO TRANSPORT NEEDS CAR HAULERS. We are looking for drivers who want job security with a good balance of work and home time. We offer excellent compensation and benefits as well as a bonus program for damage free performance! The company services the SE Region of the US – SC, NC, TN, GA, AL, AR, LA, MS, FL. We mainly haul new vehicles; we also haul lease cars and auction vehicles (used cars pay 25% of gross revenue). We offer direct deposit and a great working environment.
Company Driver Job Description:
- Transport units to and from manufacturing plants, rail heads, truck away yards, ports, and other locations
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Inspect vehicles for defects and damages prior to loading.
- Deliver vehicles to customers damage free, in a safe and timely manner
- Document and log work/rest periods through E-Log system
- Input data into our electronic dispatch system for each stage of the loading/unloading process
- Comply with DOT rules and regulations and company policies and procedures
- Report all accidents and/or violations
- 23 years and older
- Must possess Class A CDL with 2-year current OTR with tractor/trailer verifiable experience.
- Must have an acceptable MVR, no careless or reckless charges, no more than two moving violations, and one accident in the past 3 years
- Pass a background check w/ no criminal felonies – will be evaluated on a case to case basis
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and physical agility test with ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have current DOT medical certification
- Must be able to speak and write English, and maintain the highest level of professionalism
- Basic understanding of truck maintenance
- All drivers must have or be able to obtain a TWIC badge
- Must be able to sit (driving) for 8-10 hours a day, with intermittent rest periods
- Must be able to withstand prolonged walking or standing
- Must be able to reach and work overhead
- Must be able to squat, bend, climb, pull and twist body daily
- Must be able to push/pull and use hands for fine manipulation
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
Our Company Drivers can also look forward to:
- Average pay $1.00 per mile loaded.
- Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability Available
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Drop pay after 3 and increases with each drop
- Safety and damage-free bonuses
- Length of Service Bonus
- Annual recognitions and awards
- Uniform shirts
- First In-First, Out Dispatch
- Great home time, most weekends at home
To apply: https://intelliapp2.driverapponline.com/c/proficientauto or contact our recruiting office at (904) 330-0770